Presented by Moses Costigan, BOccThy, Registered Occupational Therapist (AUS)
Course DescriptionThis course furthers participants’ understanding of the principles of trauma-informed care and the neurobiological impacts of exposure to trauma across the lifespan. Participants will learn about the challenges individuals with trauma history face when accessing healthcare and how to utilize a range of personal and organizational practices to implement trauma-informed healthcare services.
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID #04755. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the neurobiology of exposure to trauma and adversity across the lifespan.
- Describe the common challenges faced by people with a history of traumatic experiences in accessing healthcare services.
- Demonstrate commonly used strategies to embed a trauma-informed approach in both individual clinical practice/service provision and organisational culture.
- 0:00 - Review the principles of trauma-informed care and practice
- 0:10 - The neurobiology of trauma and adversity
- 0:25 - Common challenges in healthcare access for people who have experienced trauma
- 0:35 - Making trauma-informed care happen in your practice and your workplace/organisation
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter receives a salary from NSW Ministry of Health.
- Presenter owns and benefits monetarily from Providence Wellbeing.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.