Presented by Kelcy Bonham M.S., CCC-SLP and Raynor Murphy M.S., CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course is designed to help support clinicians working with breastfed infants. It will address the SLP’s scope of practice, assessment, benefits of breastfeeding, and the counseling aspect of supporting this population and their families.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe an SLP’s scope of practice in breastfeeding according to ASHA.
- Contrast treatment of breastfeeding dyad vs. general infant feeding.
- List the benefits of breastfeeding.
- Identify the steps of assessment of a breastfeeding infant.
- 0:00 - ASHA, WHO, AAP, CDC, NIH stance on breastfeeding
- 0:10 - Benefits of breastfeeding
- 0:20 - SLP’s role in breastfeeding
- 0:30 - Breastfeeding assessment
- 0:40 - Counseling the breastfeeding dyad
- 0:45 - Prevention of further swallowing or feeding disorders
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenters are being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- We are members of the Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice as Certified Lactation Counselors.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.