Presented by Natalie R Rolle, MOT, OTR/L
Course DescriptionSleep is important to health; we know that now without a doubt. We can’t reap the full benefits of our good diet/exercise if we aren’t sleeping well. This presentation is about the most up to date science on why sleep is important, costs of not getting enough or good quality sleep, our sleep systems and […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID #04163. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 22-50839-1
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of understanding the physiology of sleep in order to address sleep with clients.
- Describe why sleep is important to overall health and why it is considered the 3rd pillar of health.
- Describe the general role of OT/PT/SLP in treating sleep challenges.
- Define the homeostatic sleep drive system.
- Define chronotype as it relates to sleep behavior.
- 0:00 - Why sleep is important, benefits/costs of not getting it and new research from American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- 0:10 - Physiology of sleep with a detailed breakdown of the circadian/homeostatic sleep drive systems
- 0:35 - The most effective ways to improve sleep and education regarding why each works
- 0:50 - General role of OT/PT/SLP in treatment and how to get more education if interested in learning more
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member of Colorado State University.
- Presenter co-created a CBTI course through Colorado State University from which she benefits financially.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.