Presented by Corie Viscomi, M.A. CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionLiteracy is an area that many speech-language pathologists feel under-prepared to treat. Despite this, it falls squarely into our scope of practice. This course will outline five key components of early literacy and discuss early literacy skills for preschoolers. It will provide practical ways that foundational skills can be incorporated into speech and language sessions.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify why literacy is within the SLP's scope.
- List key components of early literacy.
- Describe activities that can be utilized for each component.
- 0:00 - Overview of pediatric speech disorders
- 0:05 - Component 1: Phonological awareness overview and activities
- 0:15 - Component 2: Print awareness overview and activities
- 0:20 - Component 3: Book reading overview and activities
- 0:30 - Component 4: Storytelling overview and activities
- 0:40 - Component 5: Writing overview and activities
- 0:45 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is the owner of The Speech Studio.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.