Palliative Care and Pediatric Feeding & Swallowing
Presented by Tasanyia Sebro-Calderon, ClinScD, MS, CCC-SLP/TSSLD
Course DescriptionPalliative care often involves a multidisciplinary team of specialists who aim to assist in maintaining or enhancing quality of life for patients who may or may not be terminally ill. This course covers content for families, caregivers, and providers who are unsure of what their roles should entail when advocating for patients who wish to […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List person-first, patient-centered approaches and considerations.
- Explain the importance of using a multidisciplinary approach to maintain oral feeding when positioning, pain, and cognitive status contribute to poor oral candidacy.
- Describe advocacy and patient/family-led decision making.
- 0:00 - Palliative care vs. hospice care
- 0:05 - Case examples of palliative care vs. hospice care
- 0:10 - Feeding & swallowing: dilemmas
- 0:20 - Recent research: palliative care and feeding
- 0:30 - Patient centered care & considerations
- 0:35 - Multidisciplinary involvement in sustaining full, partial, or recreational oral feeding for quality of life
- 0:45 - Advocacy: patient/family/provider
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.