Presented by Rinki Varindani Desai M.S.,CCC-SLP, CBIS, CDP
Course DescriptionThis course explores new avenues of dysphagia education. Participants will be able to summarize insufficiencies in traditional SLP training in normal and disordered swallowing, describe current SLP practice patterns and trends related to dysphagia management, and describe proposed learning solutions for improving dysphagia education and training for students and clinicians in the digital age.
Meet Your Presenter
- This course qualifies for 10 CMH (certified maintenance hours). This is equivalent to one continuing education hour.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Summarize insufficiencies in traditional SLP training in normal and disordered swallowing.
- Describe current SLP practice patterns and trends related to dysphagia management.
- Describe proposed learning solutions for improving dysphagia education and training for students and clinicians in the digital age.
- 0:00 - Introductions and lecture begins
- 0:50 - Finalize lecture and address any remaining questions from participants
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter receives a salary from University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- Presenter receives royalty from Tactus Therapy LLC for Dysphagia Therapy mobile app.
- Presenter is co-founder of websites Dysphagia Grand Rounds and the Swallowing Training and Education Portal.
- Presenter is Associate Coordinator of ASHA SIG 13, and Co-Chair of Dysphagia Research Society's COVID-19 Task Force.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.