Presented by Jordan Patrick, MSP, CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course will review the International Dysphagia Diet Standardization Initiative (IDDSI) implementation in the acute care setting, including the rationale for utilization of IDDSI’s standardized naming and testing approach, key starting points/contacts for implementation of a new diet system within the health care setting, and various IDDSI levels and restrictions required for each level.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the rationale for utilization of IDDSI's standardized naming and testing approach.
- Identify key starting points/contacts for implementation of a new diet system within the health care setting.
- Describe various IDDSI levels and restrictions required for each level.
- 0:00 - Introduction and discussion of IDDSI (website/resources)
- 0:10 - Review of IDDSI diet levels
- 0:20 - Diet levels continued/testing methods
- 0:30 - Who to contact/how to start
- 0:40 - Barriers
- 0:45 - Discussion of barriers, questions, problem solving/collaboration
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.