Functional, Personally Relevant Goals for Adults with Acquired Brain Injury
Presented by Jessica Brown, PhD, CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course discusses goal setting protocols available to clinicians serving adults with acquired brain injury. Instruction will focus on a novel technique that promotes a systematic, collaborative goal setting process. We will highlight case studies and create plans for incorporating these procedures within current care.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Summarize common practices related to goal setting in neurorehabilitation.
- Apply a novel, goal-setting technique to enhance collaboration among clinicians and adult clients with cognitive and communicative challenges following brain injury.
- Formulate plans to implement collaborative goal setting procedures within current clinical practices.
- 0:00 - Introduction and background
- 0:05 - Procedural options for setting goals in neurorehab and level of collaboration/inclusivity of patient perspectives within each
- 0:20 - Proposed collaborative goal setting protocol and description of worksheet/documents
- 0:35 - Case study #1
- 0:40 - Case study #2
- 0:45 - Summary and recommendations - tips on how to incorporate these procedures in your current practices across settings
- 0:50 - Q/A session
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter receives a salary from the University of Arizona.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- The presenter serves as a member or in leadership roles for the following organizations: American Congress of Rehabilitative Medicine, Academy of Neurologic Communication Disorders and Sciences, American Speech Language Hearing Association, National Institute of Health, Arizona Brain Injury Alliance.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.