Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: From Identification to Intervention
Presented by Elizabeth Cleveland, ABD, CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course explored the FASD diagnostic process, including identification and evaluation. The presenter uncovered common comorbidities and misdiagnoses for children with FASD as well as common communication deficits in people with FASD and offered techniques and intervention strategies for how to promote support and success for clients with FASD.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify biomarkers and behavioral characteristics of various diagnoses under the FASD umbrella.
- Describe the importance of an FASD diagnosis for children and adolescents.
- List communication difficulties that people with FASD may experience.
- Summarize various intervention strategies and techniques for people with FASD.
- 0:00 - Introductions and lecture begins
- 0:55 - Finalize lecture and address any remaining questions from participants
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter receives a salary from The University of Central Arkansas.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter is the Co-Director and Founder of the Specialty Diagnostic Resource Center, Arkansas's first FASD-specific diagnostic clinic.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.