Presented by Natalie F. Douglas, Ph.D., CCC-SLP and Susan Browning, M.A., CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course will outline practical strategies to support SLPs’ management of cognitive-communication disorders of people living with dementia in SNFs. Special attention will be paid to collaborative practice with CNAs and tools to support best practice implementation and sustainability. Strategies for SLPs to position themselves as key members of the healthcare team will be provided.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe key aspects of implementation practice to support collaborative care when working with CNAs.
- Analyze updated management of cognitive-communication disorders of people living with dementia in SNFs through a case example.
- Summarize strategies to position SLPs as key members of the healthcare team within the SNF.
- 0:00 - Overview of SNF practice for SLPs
- 0:10 - Key aspects of implementation practice to support collaborative care when working with CNAs
- 0:25 - Case example including updated management of cognitive-communication disorders of people living with dementia in SNFs
- 0:40 - Strategies to position SLPs as key member of the healthcare team within the SNF
- 0:55 - Q/A session
- 1:00 - End course + exam
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- ASHA member SIG 2, SIG 15.
- Member of Gerontological Society of America.
- Affiliated with AphasiaAccess.
- Affiliated with ACRM (American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine).
- Salary from Central Michigan University.
- Salary from The Informed SLP.
- American Speech-Language Hearing Foundation grant funding for research in this area.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.