Presented by Lydia Nemirovsky, MS, OTR/L
Course DescriptionChronic pain presents unique challenges to the rehabilitation professional, oftentimes serving as the primary barrier to functional and meaningful progress. This course will explain the different therapy approaches required for effective chronic pain management, while providing a deeper understanding of how pain is processed in the body.
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID #04877. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the difference between acute and chronic pain management needs.
- Summarize what the healthcare community has done and currently is doing to address chronic pain.
- Describe modern pain research and the role of the brain in pain management.
- Summarize the role of therapists in addressing chronic pain.
- Identify effective, non-invasive techniques to use in clinic.
- 0:00 - Introduction to chronic pain and course objectives
- 0:10 - Current and common pain management approaches and strategies, including common assessments and interventions
- 0:25 - Examination of pain theories to provide historical context and introduce modern pain management practices
- 0:40 - The role of therapists in chronic pain management and effective treatment plans
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is the president and founder of Specialty Pain Management Services which provides occupational therapy services to adults living with chronic pain in their home setting.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.