Presented by Brett McCardel, MS, CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course is designed to walk participants through the process of collecting, transcribing, and scoring a language sample for a variety of discourse analyses that can be performed when working with people with aphasia. Discourse-level treatment protocols will also be reviewed, with specific examples given of how these protocols can be utilized to meet clients’ […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how to transcribe and score language samples for use in at least 3 different types of discourse analyses.
- Identify at least 2 different types of linguistic features that can be used for tracking progress on discourse-level goals.
- Describe the basic treatment protocol for at least 2 different discourse-level treatments approaches.
- 0:00 - Overview of discourse analysis and how to collect a language sample
- 0:10 - Transcribing and analyzing a discourse sample
- 0:30 - Treatment approaches at the discourse-level
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is the owner of Archways: Aphasia Rehabilitation Services PLLC.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.