Visual Scanning + Language Task
There is a classic visual scanning task found in most rehabilitation therapy gyms across the country: a deck of cards taped to a foam board. Patients then have to match another deck of cards to the cards on the board.
This product is a functional upgrade to that task and is designed for Speech-Language Pathologists working on single-word reading, word-finding, naming, and visuo-spatial skills. It works well in co-treatment settings as the need to access pictures across the large board provides opportunities to work on standing, balance, and endurance.
This is a digital download file that includes 48 picture squares with 48 corresponding text squares. Each square is 4x4 inches.
The following extras are required to build this project completely:
- 1 36x48 trifold presentation board. See an example.
- Roll of 1-inch wide magnet tape. See an example.
- Laminator and laminating sheets.
- Double stick tape
- Print out the 24 pages of pictures/words.
- Cut up each square individually. You will end up with 48 pictures and 48 corresponding words.
- Laminate each square.
- Place a 1-inch piece of magnet on the back of each card.
- Using double-stick tape, secure the pictures to the presentation board. It works best to have two strips of double-stick tape- one above the magnet and one below. Put two columns on the side panels and the middle panel will hold 4 columns. You will end up with a grid of 8 squares across and 6 squares down.
See it in action:
Full access PDF is $8. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
MIX & MATCH, BUNDLE & SAVE: All Full-Access PDFs are discounted when you bundle:
- 1 for $8
- 2 for $12 ($6 each)
- 3 for $15 ($5 each)
Discount applied automatically at checkout.
If you purchase 1 color copy, 1 printed color copy will be delivered to your mailbox. Does not include access to PDF file.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
TECH SPECS: Digital download. PDF format. 19.3 MB. 25 pages. 300 dpi resolution.