Presentation Slide Deck: Stages of Dementia and Communication Strategies for Care Partners and Healthcare Professionals
Caring for a person with dementia can seem overwhelming at times. This presentation was created to help family members, care partners, and healthcare professionals better understand the stages of dementia and communication strategies. The provided examples demonstrate how certain approaches should be avoided and embraced to better care for the person with dementia. Sometimes the most important statement to remember is “it’s not what you say but how to say it.”
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 24 slides. PDF format. 136.3 MB.