Med SLP Bundle: Brain Health Literacy
This bundle comes with 4 tools for speech-language pathologists providing general health literacy education regarding brain health. This bundle includes these resources:
Cognition and Stress
This handout is designed for rehabilitation therapists working with people experiencing cognitive impairment related to stress. The handout includes accessible, evidence-based information about how stress affects cognition and features 30 simple strategies to try that may help reduce stress. This handout is particularly designed for patients and families in the midst of rehabilitation after traumatic events.
The Bladder-Brain Connection (UTIs)
This handout is designed for rehabilitation clinicians working with adults in healthcare settings. The handout describes the brain-bladder connection, particularly among older adults, and lists the signs/symptoms associated with cognitive dysfunction in the context of a urinary tract infection. Designed for clinicians, staff, family, caregivers, and patients.
Types of Memory
This handout is designed for rehabilitation therapists addressing memory impairments. The visual describes the following types of memory: Sensory, short-term, working, long-term, retrospective, and prospective. The handout is designed to help increase insight into the way that the brain creates and stores memory and how targeted functional therapy can optimize each type of memory.
Cognition and Aging
Many people experiencing changes with cognition question whether these changes are related to the natural aging process. This handout provides insight into latest evidence base describing the difference between dementia and cognitive-changes related to aging. The handout also includes 7 strategies to support healthy aging in order to slow the cognitive aging process.
Full access PDF is $20. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 4 pages + cover page. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 27 MB.