Handout: The Visual Fields and the Brain
This handout is designed for rehabilitation therapists working with patients who have survived brain damage that causes confusing visual field cuts. This handout outlines the pathway of the visual fields as they travel from the light rays entering the eyeball to the occipital lobe at the back of the brain. This helps clarify why certain left or right brain injuries will have different kinds of field cuts on the same or opposite sides of the brain, depending on location of damage.
This therapy intervention visual is designed for therapists addressing /f/ and /v/ sounds during phonological therapy. Divided into initial, medial, and final words for both /f/ and /v/ with engaging pictures.
Full access PDF is $8. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
MIX & MATCH, BUNDLE & SAVE: All Full-Access PDFs are discounted when you bundle:
- 1 for $8
- 2 for $12 ($6 each)
- 3 for $15 ($5 each)
Discount applied automatically at checkout.
If you purchase 20 color copies, 20 printed color copies will be delivered to your mailbox. Does not include access to PDF file.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 1 page. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 4.5 MB.