Functional Activities for In Room Treatments
***FREE RESOURCE FOR ALL THERAPISTS WORKING DURING COVID-19***
For therapists who find themselves performing in room treatment sessions with little to no equipment, here is a list of activities to help re-energize treatment sessions, spark new ideas, and promote the use of functional activities. We at Therapy Insights aim to help clinicians continue to provide challenging and dynamic patient care with excellent outcomes. Any small items/activities used are inexpensive and may be purchased and distributed to individual patients for infection control purposes, made at home, or found and printed for free online.
Please note that this resource is most appropriate for occupational therapists, though physical therapists may also find helpful ideas. Collaborate with speech therapists to combine these activities with functional speech, language, or cognitive therapy if co-treatments are available.
Tech specs: Digital download. 5 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 16 MB.
Full access PDF is free during COVID-19. Once downloaded, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
If you purchase 20 color copies, 20 printed color copies will be delivered to your mailbox. Does not include access to PDF file.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- To digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.