Financial Management for Cognitive Rehabilitation
Financial Management: Empowering independence
This task is designed to recreate the common scenario of having a stash of receipts laid out on the table ready to be balanced into a financial ledger.
See it in action
What's included in the digital download
- 16 receipts
- Pay stub
- Utilities bill
- Cell phone bill
- Power bill
- 2 notes
Ideas for therapy tasks when using this material
- Go through actual bills with patients and set a real budget.
- Find local resources for patients who are leaving the facility. Many banks offer free assistance with balancing budgets.
- Collect free calculator giveaways from companies. Send a calculator home with the patient so they have a higher chance of carry-over.
- Use "real" money for patients who need more concrete visual aids.
- Send copies of ledgers home with patients to improve carry-over.
- Offer training in various budget maintenance strategies: Envelope/cash system, debit card system, checkbook system
- Have the patient track spending while in the facility.
- Spend some time during a session brainstorming ways to save money.
Tech specs: Digital download (30.7 MB). PDF format. 16 pages, 8.5x11 inches.