Course Webinar: Introduction to Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound in Hand Practice
Course description: This course is an introduction to the basic knowledge of diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound in hand clinical practice. The course will highlight basic hand tissue characterization and normal structural appearance on ultrasound. The course will also discuss common pathologies encountered during the msk ultrasound scan of the hand.
Presented by Dr. Beshoy Ghaly, DPT, RMSK, ECS
Date: Thursday, December 16, 2021
Time: 4 pm pacific | 5 pm mountain | 6 pm central | 7 pm eastern
Dr. Ghaly is an ABPTS Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Electrophysiology. He is Registered in Musculoskeletal Sonography by the Alliance for Physician Certification and Advancement and holds the POCUS MSK Ultrasound Certificate. He is an APTA-Credentialed Clinical Instructor, presented in professional conferences & published multiple journal articles. He serves the Academy of Clinical Electrophysiology and Wound Management as an elected Nominating Committee Member & an item writer for the ABPTS Specialization Academy of Content Experts. He is an active member of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine & an affiliate member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
Duration: 1 hour.
Target audience: PTs, PTAs, OTs and COTAs who work with adults in outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation settings.
- This course has been submitted for approval by for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: TBA.
0:00 - MSK ultrasound hand and wrist tissue characterization
0:10 - Palmar ultrasound evaluation of the wrist and hand
0:25 - Dorsal ultrasound evaluation of the wrist and hand
0:40 - Common pathologies on ultrasound
0:50 - Q/A
1:00 - Course ends + exam
Instructional level: Introductory (Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.)
Key learning outcomes:
As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to...
- Define essential principles of diagnostic msk ultrasound.
- Describe basic tissue characterization related to the hand on msk ultrasound.
- List hand msk ultrasound image optimization techniques.
- Review normal hand anatomy appearance on msk ultrasound.
- Define common hand pathologies as they appear on msk ultrasound.
- This course will be presented on the Zoom platform.
- High-speed internet connection is required.
Recorded course information:
- The recorded course will be made available by December 23, 2021.
- The course will be available for CEUs until November 16, 2026.
- You may register before the course is available and will receive an email with the link to the course once it becomes available.
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter holds intellectual property rights on the content being presented in this course under the trademark MSK Ultrasound Mastermind®.
Instructional methodology: Lecture
Course completion requirements:
- Full attendance during webinar, as tracked by on-time login and online presence for the duration of the course.
- Passing score of 100% on a 5-10 question quiz. You will receive immediate feedback and be able to correct answers. We want to ensure that you have the correct information as presented in this course.
- Quiz needs to be completed within 2 hours of end of course.
- Completion of program evaluation form.