Pediatric SLP Bundle: Pediatric Phonology
The Pediatric Phonology Bundle includes the following files:
- /s/ Phoneme Words
- This visual is designed for speech-language pathologists working with the pediatric population to address the /s/ phoneme. The handout features 15 /s/ words with initial, medial, and final /s/ phoneme placement with visuals.
- Articulation Progress Chart for Speech Therapy
- Articulation Progress Chart for Speech Therapy: Sound, Word, Phrase, Sentence, Paragraph, and Conversation. Students can track progress in speech therapy.
- Handout: Bilabial Speech Sounds
- This handout is designed for speech-language pathologists working with the pediatric population and their families. it contains 5 tips for how to elicit a bilabial sound.
- Handout: Practicing Velar Sounds at Home
- This handout is designed for speech-language pathologists working with the pediatric population to address velar speech sound development. The handout describes what velar sounds are as well as tips and 3 specific strategies for practicing velar sounds at home to improve carry-over.
- Pediatric Handout: Practicing /s/ at Home
- This handout is designed for pediatric speech-language pathologists targeting /s/ sounds. The handout provides 4 strategies that families can use at home to assist with carry-over of structured therapy tasks in a clinical setting.
- Speech Resource: Pacing Boards
- This resource is designed for speech-language pathologists targeting multi-syllabic words with the pediatric population. Includes information about how to use pacing boards as well as three sample pacing boards.
- Speech Task: Bilabial Gumballs
- This task is designed for speech-language pathologists working with the pediatric population, targeting bilabial consonants. Includes a page of gumballs with bilabial target words (including blank ones so you can create your own) and a printout of a gumball machine. Cut out the gumballs and have kids pop them into the gumball machine as they practice the sounds.
- The /s/ Spider
- This sssssspecial spider is designed for pediatric speech-language pathologists addressing the /s/sound in structured therapy. 6 of the spider's legs feature vowel sounds to provide a visual and tactile way for a child to participate in syllable practice.
- Visual Vowels for Kids
- This handout is for speech-language pathologists working with the pediatric population and their families to address vowel production, particularly for kiddos who present with phonological disorders.
- Visuals: Front-Back Minimal Pairs
- This product is designed for speech-language pathologists working with the pediatric population to address fronting/backing. The download contains 24 front/back minimal pairs with pictures designed to provide an engaging focal point to structured therapy tasks as well as context for abstract words used in repeated practice.
Full access PDF is $50. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 13 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 52 MB.