Med SLP Bundle: Cognitive-Linguistic Sequencing (Pack 1)
Access Pass credits are not valid for bundles, though credits can be used to purchase the individual resources.
The Cognitive-Linguistic Sequencing Bundle includes the following files:
- Cognitive-Linguistic Task: 7 Visual Sequencing Steps to Safely Stand Up From a Wheelchair
- One of the most popular reasons for referring patients to Speech-Language Pathologists is to improve safety with sequencing the steps required to safely stand from a wheelchair. Patients may need assistance with memorizing these steps due to memory impairments, poor attention, or poor carryover from verbal cues to real-life steps. These cue cards can be cut and laminated. Suggested therapy task: Provide a model of how to sequence the steps properly (not everyone will require all the steps). Mix up the cards and have the patient sequence them independently. Co-treat with PT to improve carry-over to physical tasks.
- Cognitive-Linguistic Task: Following Multi-Step Directions Using the Visualization Strategy
- 8 sets of multi-step directions spanning in difficulty from 1-step to 4-step to before/after instructions. These tasks are designed to be able to be completed with supplies you find in a therapy gym; they are designed to be completed with the use of one arm/hand. The task includes instructions on how to use a visualization strategy to improve carry-over to functional tasks.
- Make-Your-Own ADL Sequencing Board: Bathing and Dressing
- This make-your-own board is designed for speech-language pathologists targeting sequencing with patients who are in rehabilitation settings who would benefit from visual step-by-step instructions for dressing and bathing. SLPs can cut out steps that pertain to individual patients and place them on a board in a customized sequence.
- Sequencing Task: VIsualizing Steps to Put on a Nasal Cannula
- This therapy task is designed for speech-language pathologists working with people in rehabilitation settings who benefit from visual cues to independently place nasal cannula. Includes 3 steps of task with clear visuals.