Bedside Swallow Eval Scheduled
Can you relate to this? You get an order for a bedside swallow eval. You grab the applesauce, the crackers, the water, the straw. Or maybe you get lucky and it's lunch time so you sprint down the hall to track down your target. Where's the nurse? Are they scheduled to take any pills right now?
And then... you introduce yourself. And there is a brief moment of confusion about what exactly it is that you're doing there. You're the speech therapist... here to evaluate a swallow? That is just plain confusing. And all of a sudden, you're up in their mouth with a flashlight and asking them to blow you a kiss.
You know what we think? We think they deserve a little heads up. We think they deserve a little note on their bed/desk/chair/PT workout spot that an SLP is headed their way soon. This quick little handout gives them some basic information about what exactly a bedside swallow eval is and sets both of you up for success.
This HIPAA-friendly note is designed to be folded in half (for display in their room) and personalized with the name of their SLP and the date/time of their bedside evaluation.
Full access PDF is $8. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
MIX & MATCH, BUNDLE & SAVE: All Full-Access PDFs are discounted when you bundle:
- 1 for $8
- 2 for $12 ($6 each)
- 3 for $15 ($5 each)
Discount applied automatically at checkout.
If you purchase 20 color copies, 20 printed color copies will be delivered to your mailbox. Does not include access to PDF file.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- Share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 1 page. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 4.8 MB.