Alternating Attention Tasks: Colors and Objects
Alternating attention tasks for cognitive-linguistic therapy: Our brain is frequently asked to alternate our attention from multiple points. For example, balancing a checkbook requires us to attend to both the pile of receipts and the ledger. Other examples include: listening to someone talk while taking notes; reading a recipe while cooking a meal; talking to a friend while filling a water bottle. This task is meant to challenge your brain to alternate between two different things at the same time.
Challenge #1: Connect the dots by drawing lines between them. Connect them in order of the colors listed on the left side of the page.
Challenge #2: Connect the dots by drawing lines between them. Connect them in order of the colors listed on the left side of the page. Connect them in numerical order.
Challenge #3: Connect the objects by drawing lines between them. Connect them in order of the objects listed on the left side of the page.
Challenge #4: Connect the objects by drawing lines between them. Connect them in order of the objects listed on the left side of the page. Connect them in numerical order.
Note: Challenges 2 and 4 include answer keys, whereas challenges 1 and 3 do not, as there are multiple variations of how to accurately complete the task.
Full access PDF is $8. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
MIX & MATCH, BUNDLE & SAVE: All Full-Access PDFs are discounted when you bundle:
- 1 for $8
- 2 for $12 ($6 each)
- 3 for $15 ($5 each)
Discount applied automatically at checkout.
If you purchase 5 color copies, 5 printed color copies will be delivered to your mailbox. Does not include access to PDF file.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
TECH SPECS: Digital download. 6 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 8 MB.