Therapy Insights Part Time Course Developer
This application is now closed.
Part Time Course Developer (PT/OT)
Therapy Insights helps speech, occupational, and physical therapists save time and change lives by developing patient education handouts, therapy interventions, clinical tools, and continuing education courses.
We are looking for someone who can dedicate 10 hours per month to developing one-hour courses for physical and occupational therapists. The Course Developer will actively seek out presenters and and guide them through our structured course development process. They will not be responsible for in-depth course planning (this is the responsibility of the presenter), or any of the marketing, graphics, or technical administration of the courses.
The Course Developer would be responsible for developing either one course that serves both physical and occupational therapy, or two courses that serve each discipline individually. This position is a coordinator role and will require someone with extensive knowledge and connections in the PT/OT fields. While it is not required to be an active rehabilitation clinician, preference will be given to applicants with experience working as a rehab clinician in acute, post-acute, outpatient, or long-term care.
- Network with potential course presenters, finding leading clinicians and researchers across the spectrum of OT and PT service delivery who have unique data, knowledge, experience, and/or perspectives that can be presented in a one hour course
- Provide a course planning form to presenters
- Review the course for content
- Create a document outlining course description, presenter bio, learning objectives, and disclosures.
- Host the live course over Zoom
Therapy Insights Values:
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Creating courses that clinicians can put to immediate use to level up their clinical skills and serve their patients in more informed, impactful, and meaningful ways
- Bringing a new generation of a diverse range of topics, discussions, and presenters to the table
- Are passionate about high quality continuing education
- Have strong organizational skills
- Have effective time management skills
- Have the ability to work without direct supervision
- Have a strong background in rehabilitation therapy
- Are driven to find innovative, highly applicable information that clinicians can immediately put to use in their clinical practice
- Want to be a part of a mission that serves those who serve others, ultimately changing lives and empowering both clinicians and patients to optimize quality of life around the world
- A general understanding of the world of clinical continuing education
- Preference given to those with experience as a PT, OT, PTA, COTA, or DOR
- Deep knowledge of the differences and overlap of physical and occupational therapy
- Google Sheets and Google Docs
- Time management