All material on this website, and the files associated with it, are copyrighted by Therapy Insights. It is protected by the copyright laws of the United States of America and under treaties with other nations. Unless otherwise stated, no material on this website is in the public domain. You may not download, copy, reproduce, redistribute, republish, publicly display, post, or transmit material on this website unless solely for the use of patient education or as expressly permitted, and then only the designated material.
Is it ok to share these files?
It is not ok to share files. It is not ok for multiple users to access a single account.
Digital piracy is defined as “the act of downloading and or distributing copyright material and intellectual property without paying for it.” Digital piracy is a violation of federal copyright laws and can result in fines and imprisonment. We ask everyone in our community to respect our copyright claim and intellectual property rights and to refer, don’t share. This is what allows us to continue to build high quality resources for clinicians around the world.
File-sharing not only limits us from making connections with the clinicians that we serve, it makes it impossible for us to continue to invest in the kind of high quality research, writing, and design that is the foundation of our work.
File sharing is explicitly against our terms and conditions and we will take action to address this violation.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share a single subscription across multiple users in a facility. One user per subscription.
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
A note on using Therapy Insights materials for telehealth
Anyone who has legally obtained Therapy Insights PDFs via purchase from therapyinsights.com or through a Therapy Fix subscription has the right to share the files with their clients/patients via a secure file sharing system. A secure file sharing system consists of any digital access that is password protected. This may look like a closed/secure folder on Google Drive or Dropbox (or other similar service) that is shared only with clients/patients, or via a digital transmission through a secured online HIPAA-compliant teletherapy video platform. Users may also share the content via screen share on secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy platforms.