The Therapy Insights Podcast offers tools and insights for SLPs, PTs, and OTs working with patients who are experiencing some of the most difficult medical challenges of their lives. In a poll of an interdisciplinary SLP/OT/PT Facebook forum, only about 30% of clinicians reported that they were provided with the opportunity to take a graduate level class focused on counseling techniques to address grief, trauma, and major life transitions.
Our goals for this podcast:
- Broaden the scope of understanding by SLPs, PTs, and OTs of current best practices within the counseling community in order to optimize and strengthen the medical field as a whole when it comes to rehabilitation and mental health.
- Encourage and promote specific strategies on how to improve access to professional mental health services within medical communities, including those that are rural, understaffed, or working within a system that has not yet embraced access to mental health services.
- Address specific questions and scenarios as presented by members of the Therapy Insights community. These questions may come via Facebook, Instagram, or email.
- 01: Chris Clasby and the Dignity of Risk
- 02: Andrew Hill and the Person Behind the Brain Injury
- 03: Josh Rubin, James Laskin, and the Learning Health System