2020 Therapy Insights Essay Contest
Quick Access Downloads:
- Download the application PDF (required for submission)
- Download US Letter-sized poster to print and hang up
- Download 11x17 poster to print and hang up
- Request an 11x17 poster to hang up
2020 THERAPY INSIGHTS ESSAY CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Who is this contest for?
- The 2020 Therapy Insights Essay Contest is open to anyone who is currently enrolled in an accredited program, seeking graduate degrees related to speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, or physical therapy or assistant degrees in SLPA, PTA, or COTA.
- The contest is not open to currently licensed clinicians or those who are actively applying for graduate school programs. If you know of any students currently enrolled, please pass on the opportunity to them!
- Anyone in the world may apply, but essays must be written in English.
- Essays must address the question: What is one of the most unresolved issues in your field and how would you propose resolving it?
- Essays must be typed, printed, and between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
- Applicants must submit the following in order for for their essays to be considered in the contest: 1) Printed terms and conditions page, signed in agreement by the applicant. 2) Printed application form, filled out by applicant. 3) Printed version of essay.
- All documents must be physically mailed to:
- Therapy Insights
P.O. Box 160
Missoula, MT 59806.
- Online submissions, including emailed submissions will not be accepted.
- All submissions must be postmarked by April 20, 2020. Winners will be announced May 1, 2020. Winners will be notified via email.
- Contestants’ essays will be judged by active SLP, OT, and PT clinicians on the Therapy Insights team on the basis of the clarity of the writing, the quality of the thinking they reflect, and the extent to which they offer visions for positive change and growth within the fields of speech, occupational, and physical therapy.
- Winners will be announced May 1, 2020. Winners will be notified via email.
- Three winners will be selected, one each from speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, and physical therapy. Each winner will receive $1,000 cash, a year of Therapy Fix, and a pizza party for their cohort to be arranged with Therapy Insights. Prize packs are accepted as is and cannot be exchanged for cash value. Please note that winner will receive a 1099-MISC tax form by January 31, 2021.
- Honorable mention entries will not receive a cash award but will be published on the Therapy Insights website.
- In addition to sending the essay as a printed document, you must include your name, mailing address, and the university or school that you attend. Finalists will be required to provide evidence that they are full-time students. At that time, a photocopy of your student identification card will be required.
- Printed essays will not be returned. Winners of the essay contest agree to allow Therapy Insights to post their essays on therapyinsights.com and other print and digital formats presented by Therapy Insights. Winners will not receive further royalties or compensation for any re-prints, though their names will always be printed along with their essay when published.
- Plagiarism is not tolerated and any evidence of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification. Therapy Insights reserves the right to use plagiarism software to detect such fraudulent behaviors in order to ensure a fair contest that judges originality of thought and quality of writing.
- The goal of this essay contest is to spark conversation around innovative problem solving and to encourage new graduates to continue to spark positive change in the fields of speech-pathology, occupational, and physical therapy. Discrimination, hatred, abusive language, and any negative tactic used in the essay will result in disqualification. Therapy Insights reserves the right to determine this at any time.
- Therapy Insights reserves full rights to select the winner based on the subjective evaluation of quality of writing, originality of thought, and critical thinking and problem solving.
- Use by Therapy Insights of a submission does not necessarily reflect the views of Therapy Insights, and in no event shall Therapy Insights assume or have any responsibility or liability for any submission, in whole or in part, or for any claims, damages, or losses resulting from the use and/or appearance of any submission or the contents thereof.
- By entering this competition, each individual entrant represents and warrants that: (i) the entrant is the sole author, creator, and owner of the submission; (ii) except for material used by permission, none of the intellectual property rights in the submission, or any portion thereof, has been assigned or transferred to anyone other than the entrant; (iii) the submission, through its creation and its submission as an entry, does not violate any applicable laws; and (iv) the submission, through its creation and its submission as an entry, does not infringe upon or violate intellectual property rights held by any third person or party.
- If you have any technical or logistical questions about the contest (if, for example, the links to the listed articles don’t work), you may contact Megan Berg at email@example.com.