Presented by Tracy Winkley, PT, CWS, CLT, FACCWS, DAPWCA
Course DescriptionThis course will present an overview of wounds and their management. Topics covered will include the types of wounds most often encountered, stages of wound healing and barriers to healing. Additionally, the standard TIME acronym will be outlined and its use in assessment and management of wounds explained. The participant will have a greater understanding […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 22-50856-1.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List 5 major types of wounds.
- Understand the stages of wound healing.
- Have a working knowledge of the TIME principles of wound healing.
- Structure wound management based on TIME principles.
- List 3 barriers to wound healing.
- 0:00 - Introduction to wounds
- 0:10 - Types of wounds typically encountered in a variety of practice settings
- 0:20 - Stages of wound healing
- 0:30 - Explanation of TIME and use of components of direct assessment and treatment
- 0:45 - Barriers to wound healing and recommendations to overcome
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a practitioner as well as the clinic coordinator of the wound healing center at Beauregard Health System in Louisiana.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter is a member of the American Professional Wound Care Association and American College of Clinical Wound Specialists, currently serving on the Board of Directors for the College.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.