Unleashing Creativity as an Adult Based Speech Language Pathologist
Presented by Dana M. Bryant, M.Ed., CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis presentation seeks to help SLPs gain perspective of the creative and FUNctional ideas that can be applied to clinical care when working with adult populations. We will explore creative options for working with adults within an outpatient work setting and apply this to develop ideas of FUNctional and person-centered care activities for immediate application […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify potential barriers to SLP students applying to SLP positions working with adult populations.
- Formulate creative options for working with adults within an outpatient work setting.
- Apply what they learn to develop their own ideas of FUNctional and person-centered care activities for immediate application in their specific work setting.
- 0:00 - Intro and lit review (research on professional trends, SLP niches, occupational decisions)
- 0:20 - Lecture (education on person centered care, problem based learning, creativity, lateral thinking)
- 0:35 - Case Study (diagnoses, hobbies/interests, family situation, goals, therapy activities)
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Dana Bryant is an Amazon Affiliate.
- Presenter is a Medbridge Education Affiliate.
- Presenter is also the business owner of Parker Bryant Consulting, LLC, which offers 1:1 consulting to SLPs choosing to provide more functional and person centered care in their respective work settings.
- Presenter will briefly discuss digital products from her website- www.theneuroslp.com as they pertain to the topic, though this is not the focus of the presentation.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter is a government employee but all views expressed are her own.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.