Trauma Stewardship – The Science and Soul of Early Life Adversity
Presented by Mary E. Coughlin, MS, NNP, RNC-E
Course DescriptionThis course will introduce the learner to the biology of toxic, traumatic stress along with short-term and long-term consequences. However, it is not just the patients and their families that are impacted, but the clinicians as well. Trauma stewardship opens hearts and minds to heal the hurts that often go unnoticed and discover creative, evidence-based […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the biology of early life adversity and toxic stress.
- List three long-term consequences associated with early life adversity and toxic stress.
- Define the concept of trauma stewardship.
- List the attributes of a trauma informed professional.
- Identify three best practices that mitigate the experience of early life adversity and toxic stress.
- 0:00 - Introduction to the biology of toxic stress
- 0:10 - Fetal development of stress response and regulatory networks
- 0:15 - Developmental trajectories of early life stress and trauma
- 0:20 - Energy costs and epigenetics of toxic stress
- 0:30 - Morbidity and mortality of early life adversity
- 0:40 - Trauma stewardship and the healing power of connection
- 0:50 - The Trauma Informed Professional
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Mary is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Mary is president and founder of the Caring Essentials Collaborative.
- Mary is the principal in the company that has developed the TIP (Trauma-Informed Practices) certificate program.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.