Presented by Tracy Winkley, PT, CWS, CLT, FACCWS, DAPWCA
Course DescriptionUpon completion of the course, the physical therapist will be able to define their role as part of the multidisciplinary team involved in treatment of a patient with a wound, particularly neuropathic ulcers. In recognizing common barriers to wound healing, the therapist will be able to incorporate not only a skin assessment, but also assessments […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 22-50868-1
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the role(s) of physical therapy in limb salvage.
- List potential off-loading methods.
- Identify and select appropriate assessments and interventions.
- Be able to incorporate skin assessment into a PT evaluation.
- Recognize potential barriers to wound healing that the PT can address.
- 0:00 - What is limb salvage and what is the PT role in it?
- 0:15 - Incorporating skin assessment into evaluation
- 0:25 - What are the barriers to wound healing that PT can affect?
- 0:35 - Identify assessments and interventions appropriate for wound patients
- 0:45 - List potential off-loading methods, which to select and how to train/educate patients
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a practitioner as well as the clinic coordinator of the wound healing center at Beauregard Health System in Louisiana.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter is a member of the American Professional Wound Care Association and American College of Clinical Wound Specialists, currently serving on the Board of Directors for the College.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.