The Feeding/Oral-Motor/Speech Connection: Diagnosing and Treatment
Presented by Renee Roy Hill M.S., CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionIn this course, we explore how structure and motor function has an impact on speech and language development. We cover what red flags might indicate a problem beyond a general speech and language delay in the pediatric population. We discuss how we can begin to differentially diagnose developmental delays from motor speech disorders, even before […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify red flags for motor speech disorders.
- List at least three evaluation tips for identifying an OMD in the pediatric population.
- List at least three evaluation tips for identifying motor speech disorders.
- Describe the connection between oral motor development and expressive speech clarity.
- 0:00 - Overview of pediatric speech disorders
- 0:10 - Red flags for motor speech disorders
- 0:20 - Tips for identifying OMDs
- 0:30 - Tips for identifying motor speech disorders
- 0:40 - Therapy considerations following differential diagnosis
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a lecturer for TalkTools therapy and receives honorariums for courses.
- Presenter is part owner of Talk Tools.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.