Telerehabilitation for the Orthopedic and Neurological Patient Population – Application of Remote Patient Monitoring and mHealth Platforms
Presented by Dr. Nupur Hajela, PT, DPT, PhD
Course DescriptionThis course will allow rehabilitation professionals to design and conduct telehealth evaluations and treatments for the orthopedic and neurological patient populations. It will provide an evidence based approach for orthopedic and neurological patients.
Meet Your Presenter
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 22-50859-1.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Provide an overview of evidence-based practice of telehealth in rehabilitation.
- Understand the technological considerations - Telehealth set-up for optimal patient experience.
- Clinically apply telehealth to treat orthopedic and neurological patients.
- Integrate virtual reality, augmented reality, remote patient monitoring, and artificial intelligence into telehealth.
- Understand optimal patient outcomes - what are the key factors for enhancing patient experience in a physical therapy session.
- Understand the role of the interprofessional rehabilitation team in telehealth.
- 0:00 - Overview of evidence-based practice of telehealth in rehabilitation
- 0:10 - Technological considerations - Telehealth set-up for optimal patient experience
- 0:20 - Clinical application - Orthopedic and neurological patients
- 0:30 - Integration of virtual reality, augmented reality, remote patient monitoring, and artificial intelligence in telehealth
- 0:45 - Optimal patient outcomes - what are the key factors for enhancing patient experience in a physical therapy session
- 0:55 - Role of interprofessional rehabilitation team in telehealth
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a faculty member in the Department of Physical Therapy at California State University, Fresno.
- Presenter is the Director of Rehabilitation Technologies and Outcomes Research at the Central California Sports Sciences Institute.
- Presenter is an invited speaker at national and international conferences.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter serves as the founding board of directors for a non-profit organization called INSPIRE SWADES that works to foster collaboration between India and the US in the field of rehabilitation research and service.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.