Presented by Kimberly Lloyd, OTD, MOTR/L
Course DescriptionTherapists are informed of the impact of sleep disturbances on persons with dementia and their caregivers. Current evidence supporting non-pharmacological interventions and research supporting non-pharmacological interventions for sleep and how those may be incorporated into occupational therapy treatment planning for community-dwelling persons with dementia and their caregivers will be provided.
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID #02450.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the importance of addressing sleep in persons with dementia and their caregivers.
- Identify the impact of sleep quality disruptions in not only the person with dementia but also his/her caregiver.
- Summarize current evidence regarding non-pharmacological interventions for sleep in persons with dementia and their caregivers.
- Identify when to refer to occupational therapy to intervene to improve the occupation of sleep with persons with dementia and their caregivers.
- 0:00 - Introduction and objectives
- 0:10 - Importance of sleep with PWD and caregivers
- 0:30 - Treatment for sleep in PWD
- 0:40 - Significance of treating sleep in PWD and caregivers
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member who conducts research related to the content of this presentation. Her employer is the Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.