Presented by Sara Valli, M.A., CCC-SLP; Assistive Technology Specialist
Course DescriptionThis course will explore ways to engage students in development of self awareness related to personal executive functioning strengths and challenges in order to effect lasting therapeutic impact. Executive functioning strategies, creation of a strategy portfolio, a template for a self advocacy letter to teachers/employers, example goals and objectives, and a resource list will be […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List executive functioning skills needed for academic success.
- Explain the importance of self awareness and self advocacy for academic and career success.
- Demonstrate student self advocacy for academic and social needs.
- Describe effective language embedding, executive functioning, and self-advocacy skills.
- 0:00 - Overview of executive functioning skills needed for academic success
- 0:15 - Self assessment and strategy resource options
- 0:30 - Completion of portfolio and self-advocacy letter
- 0:45 - Overview of potential goals and objectives
- 0:55 - Questions and resource sharing
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.