Presented by Aimee E. Ketchum, OTD, OTR/L, CNMI
Course DescriptionBurnout is very prevalent among rehabilitation therapists. We give 100% of ourselves and it is important that we take the steps necessary to avoid burnout. Learn confidence-boosting strategies, self-advocacy, resiliency, and self-care strategies to manage a stressful career, family, and personal life for balance and overall wellness.
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID 02968. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify practical strategies to avoid burnout and manage on-the-job stressors.
- Identify signs of burnout and how it affects life balance.
- Demonstrate problem solving strategies to build confidence and resilience.
- Describe strategies to benefit them in their life roles, facilitating holistic wellness.
- 0:00 - Introductions and background
- 0:10 - Definition/prevalence of burnout
- 0:20 - Confidence in the field of rehabilitation therapy
- 0:25 - Resources
- 0:30 - Self-advocacy
- 0:40 - Continuing education demands
- 0:45 - Physical demands
- 0:50 - Compassion fatigue
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member at Cedar Crest College and works as an occupational therapist for UPMC Hospital.
- Presenter wrote the book See Occupational Therapists Run and benefits monetarily from its sales.
- Presenter is the founder of Aimee’s Babies, LLC and creator of STEM Starts Now which she benefits from monetarily.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- The presenter would like to disclose that she is a white, straight, cisgender/woman.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.