Presented by Kimberly Sanzo, MS, CCC-SLP, BCS-CL
Course DescriptionThis presentation will cover strategies for speech-language pathologists (SLPs) implementing language intervention with Deaf or hard of hearing (DHH) children. It will discuss why DHH children with language disorder need explicit language instruction, Intervention strategies for literacy, vocabulary, and syntax will be discussed, as well as overall language intervention techniques.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Tell why DHH students may struggle with language.
- Identify at least one new technique they will utilize with this population.
- List at least three strategies to utilize during language intervention with their DHH students.
- 0:10 - Introduction and intervention principles
- 0:20 - General intervention techniques
- 0:35 - Strategies for literacy and vocabulary
- 0:50 - Strategies for syntax
- 0:55 - Suggestions for your practice
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter receives a salary from Language First.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.