Strategies for Decreasing Visual Vertigo in Patients with Visual Motion Sensitivity, Post-Concussion Syndrome, PPPD, and More!
Presented by Helena Esmonde, PT, DPT, NCS
Course DescriptionVisual vertigo occurs when a patient feels off-balance, nauseous, or dizzy when viewing a visually busy environment. This can occur when a patient is driving or riding transportation, viewing a grocery store aisle, or even looking at a striped shirt worn by a co-worker. The causes of visual vertigo can vary, so in this course, […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 21-50635-1.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define and differentiate visual vertigo and self-motion sensitivity.
- Describe proposed causes of visual vertigo.
- Provide strategies that can decrease visual vertigo in some individuals.
- Identify treatments that have been shown to be effective for visual vertigo.
- Describe the best care for these often complicated vestibular patients.
- 0:00 - Define and differentiate visual vertigo and self-motion sensitivity
- 0:10 - Describe proposed causes of visual vertigo
- 0:15 - Provide strategies that can decrease visual vertigo in some individuals
- 0:20 - Identify treatments that have been shown to be effective for visual vertigo
- 0:40 - Case study of visual vertigo patient
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is co-founder of Vestibular First, a company which makes affordable infrared video goggles and educational tools.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.