Speech Therapists in the Bathroom: Our Role in ADLs with Cog-Comm Disorders
Presented by Adria Thompson, MA, CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course discusses the role of the SLP in assessing and treating cognitive-communication disorders in the context of activities of daily living (ADLs). SLPs can provide essential communication support during ADLs. We will review evidence-based interventions that can decrease agitation and resistance, discuss interventions for treatment and barriers related to confidence to assist in ADLs, […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of an SLP in the context of activities of daily living (ADLs).
- List three cognitive-communication interventions SLPs can implement in the context of ADLs.
- Identify solutions to at least two barriers that SLPs face in providing therapy services during ADLs.
- Implement cognitive-communication terminology in goals and daily documentation.
- 0:00 - Introduction to cognitive communication with individuals with dementia
- 0:10 - The SLP's role in ADLs
- 0:25 - Interventions to implement in ADLs
- 0:35 - Barriers SLPs face in ADLs
- 0:45 - Documentation tips
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter is a member of SIG 2, Neurogenic Communication Disorders.
- Presenter has a grandmother with a diagnosis of dementia.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.