Presented by Katie Brown, MA, CCC-SLP, CBIS
Course DescriptionThis course will discuss the speech pathologist’s role in cognitive rehab, how to assess for executive dysfunction outside of the standardized assessment box, and treat using best practice guidelines according to the literature. By using real-life case examples, attendees will discover how to implement a person-centered approach to cognitive therapy using evidence-based treatments.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List 3 ways to evaluate executive functioning outside of standardized assessments.
- Name at least 3 evidence-based treatments for executive functioning.
- Describe how a person-centered approach can integrate with evidence-based treatment protocols for executive functioning.
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 0:10 - SLPs role in cognitive therapy (overview: how SLPs can differ from OTs in cognitive therapy and what ASHA says on the matter)
- 0:30 - Assessment of cognition (overview: will provide ways to assess executive functioning outside of standardized assessments, including PROMs, task analysis, checklists, and motivational interviewing)
- 0:45 - Executive functioning treatment (overview: will review the 2 practice guidelines according to the literature and discuss evidence-based protocols for executive functioning)
- 0:55 - Case examples (overview: 2 case examples with history and example treatment that shows how personally relevant and meaningful approaches can be used with evidence-based treatments)
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.