Respiratory Muscle Training for the Treatment of Dysphagia
Presented by Brooke Richardson, MS, CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionRespiratory Muscle Training (RMT) is a device-driven therapy with a growing evidence base. In this course, participants will learn about applications of RMT in the treatment of oropharyngeal dysphagia.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Name at least two considerations for candidacy for respiratory muscle training and dysphagia.
- Summarize relevant literature supporting respiratory muscle training in dysphagia.
- List two evidence-based treatment devices used for respiratory muscle training.
- 0:00 - Overview of respiratory anatomy/physiology; principles of strength training
- 0:10 - Introduction to respiratory muscle training
- 0:20 - Evidence for Expiratory Muscle Training in normal and disordered swallowing
- 0:40 - Device selection; incorporating RMT into the dysphagia toolbox
- 0:50 - Q/A session
- 1:00 - Course ends + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- UNC Rex Hospital (employee) MedSLP Consultants (owner).
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.