Presented by Melanie Parker MS, CCC-SLP, CNT
Course DescriptionAs the field of neonatal therapy grows, therapists of any discipline may find themselves entering or trying to enter the fast-paced and intense environment of the neonatal intensive care unit with minimal guidance of how to learn, find information, and grow their skills. This presentation explores common ways to begin learning and developing skills as […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the role and purpose of a neonatal therapist.
- Identify at least 3 unfamiliar areas of ‘Scientific Knowledge’ from the Neonatal Therapy Core Scope of Practice.
- List 5 sources to locate published research pertaining to NICU Therapy.
- Show 2 sources for continuing education regarding NICU neuroprotection and development.
- Identify 2 opportunities to network to or participate in mentorship in neonatal therapy.
- 0:00 - Introduction and setting expectations
- 0:05 - Pathways that lead to neonatal therapy practice
- 0:15 - Knowledge, skills, and experience for neonatal therapists
- 0:35 - Resources for self-guided learning and continuing education
- 0:45 - Networking, mentorship, and cooperative learning
- 0:55 - Final reflection and Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- I am a member of the Dysphagia Research Society, the National Association of Neonatal Therapists, and am Certified Neonatal Therapist, but I do not receive financial compensation from any organization.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.