Occupational Therapy’s Role in Ergonomics During and Post COVID-19
Presented by Elsa Escobedo-Lopez OT, CEA
Course DescriptionThis course will address the increased need of occupational therapy intervention in the field of office ergonomics in the setting of the COVID-19 pandemic. Occupational therapists have a long history in paving the way for best practice outcomes in human occupations and this course will explore the benefit of occupational therapy intervention for office workers […]
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID #2549.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the relevance of occupational therapy and ergonomics for the office worker and device user.
- Demonstrate the benefit of occupational adaptation in workspace needs for the client.
- Describe case examples of engineering, behavioral, and administrative interventions as related to providing therapeutic solutions for best outcomes.
- 0:00 - Introduction of office ergonomics. Understanding social, health, and workforce impact on the office worker
- 0:10 - Examples of OT and PT interventions for effective ergonomics based on environment, equipment, and education
- 0:20 - Explanation of the resilient worker via work, rest, and play
- 0:35 - Case study of injury and prevention
- 0:45 - Recommendations for OT and PT
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter owns WAHOO Ergonomics Consultative Service which provides consultation in ergonomics to small businesses utilizing therapeutic principles for ergonomic considerations.
- Presenter creates and teaches online courses to occupational therapy professionals and provides mentoring services for the topic of office ergonomics.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.