Presented by Quinn Tyminski, OTD, OTR/L, BCMH
Course DescriptionRegardless of your role in occupational therapy, all areas of practice will encounter individuals with mental illness and across the spectrum of mental health. This course aims to provide a broad overview of occupational therapy’s role in mental health, including practical tools to address mental health across all practice areas.
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID 03729. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the three tiers of mental health service provision.
- Describe the impact of mental health on occupational performance.
- Describe an intervention to improve mental health.
- 0:00 - Overview of mental health (MH) in OT
- 0:10 - Mental health toolbox
- 0:15 - DSM and OT
- 0:25 - Occupational performance and MH
- 0:40 - MH OT intervention ideas
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member who conducts research related to the content of this presentation. Her employer is Washington University School of Medicine.
- Presenter has created mental health content for Medbridge and Simucase.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.