Presented by Quinn P Tyminski OTD, OTR/L, BCMH
Course DescriptionThis course will provide basic information on working in community-based practice settings with individuals from marginalized populations. Principles of occupational justice and use of the occupational justice framework will be addressed, along with a blueprint for getting involved in this area of practice.
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development.
- Course approval ID #TBA.
- This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how the occupational justice framework can be used in marginalized populations.
- Describe the impact of marginalization on occupational performance.
- Identify the steps to begin an occupational therapy partnership with a community organization.
- 0:00 - Overview of community-based OT
- 0:10 - Occupational justice
- 0:20 - Overview of populations who experience marginalization
- 0:30 - Blueprint for entering community-practice
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member who conducts research related to the content of this presentation. Her employer is Washington University School of Medicine.
- Presenter has created mental health content for Medbridge, Simucase, and AOTA.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.