Motivational Interviewing: The Basics
Presented by Oak Reed, M.A.
Course DescriptionThis course addresses the therapeutic intervention and rationale for the use of motivational interviewing. We describe the evidence base for motivational interviewing, identify the core principles of motivational interviewing, name the stages of change, and define S.M.A.R.T. goals.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level; Related Area).
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID #01413. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU. Introductory, Occupational Therapy Service Delivery.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the therapeutic intervention of motivational interviewing and rational for its use.
- Describe the evidence base for motivational interviewing.
- Identify the core elements of motivational interviewing.
- Name the stages of change in the motivational interviewing theory.
- Recognize the specific therapeutic skills and strategies.
- Define S.M.A.R.T. goals.
- Identify the use of motivational interviewing across clinical professions.
- 0:00 - Presenter introduction
- 0:02 - Definition, rational, & evidence base for Motivational Interviewing
- 0:15 - Core principles of motivational interviewing
- 0:20 - Stages of change
- 0:30 - Change talk
- 0:45 - Smart goals
- 0:55 - Review, Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.