More than the HEP- The Importance of Long Term Exercise Plan for People With PD
Presented by Anne Gould-Ruete, PT, DPT, NCS
Course DescriptionIn this course, we will discuss how physical therapy has the potential to promote neuroplasticity and help with neuro-protection in people with Parkinson’s Disease (PD). We will discuss the benefits of exercise in the management of both non-motor and motor symptoms of PD and what the current recommendations are for long term maintenance exercises for […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 21-50676-1.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe nature-based pedagogy and benefits of time in nature.
- Define key terms used in nature-based pedagogy and how they relate to traditional language therapy.
- Identify ways to apply traditional speech-language therapy using nature-based intervention strategies.
- List ways to support families in facilitating language within outdoor contexts.
- 0:00 - Overview of PD, motor and non-motor symptoms
- 0:10 - Benefits of exercise for motor and non-motor symptoms of PD
- 0:20 - Neuroplasticity and Neuro-protective effects of exercise for people with PD
- 0:35 - Current recommendations for maintenance exercise programs and current models of maintenance programs designed for people with PD
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member at Franklin Pierce University, Northeast Rehabilitation Hospital and Supplemental Healthcare.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.