Modified Barium Swallow Studies in Infant and Pediatric Patients
Presented by Jennifer Raminick, CCC-SLP, BCS-S
Course DescriptionAt this time, there are very few infant or pediatric protocols and even less data on normative measures for infant and pediatric modified barium swallow studies (MBSS). This course will present the research on infant/pediatric swallow studies. The course will review candidacy for an MBSS, and include videos of MBSS to identify impairments and discuss […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify who is a good candidate for a pediatric swallow study.
- Identify structures and physiology unique to infant swallowing on a modified barium swallow study (MBSS).
- Describe key components of an infant & pediatric MBSS.
- 0:00 - Introduction & objectives
- 0:05 - Review of MBSS & procedural differences between adults & pediatrics
- 0:10 - Identify why you would do an MBSS & who is a good candidate
- 0:15 - Differences between infant swallow & adult swallow relevant to MBSS
- 0:20 - Components of an infant/pediatric MBSS
- 0:35 - Discussion on clinical reasoning
- 0:45 - Identifying impairments & the "why" behind the impairment
- 0:50 - Q&A
- 1:00 - End presentation
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter identifies as an IDDSI champion and has provided lectures on the IDDSI website about the benefits and process of transitioning to the IDDSI.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.