Presented by Ziya "Z" Altug, PT, DPT, MS, OCS
Course DescriptionThis course is for rehab professionals wanting to learn about lifestyle medicine strategies, fall prevention guidelines, exercise prescription guidelines, sample home exercises, effects of nutrition, sleep, psychological stress and risk substance use on the topic of osteoporosis.
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID #03368. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 22-50728-1.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define facts pertaining to osteoporosis.
- Cite the incidence and prevalence of osteoporosis.
- Identify the causes of osteoporosis.
- Analyze lifestyle medicine strategies for preventing and managing osteoporosis.
- Apply exercise prescription guidelines for managing osteoporosis.
- 0:00 - Introduction to definitions and facts about osteoporosis
- 0:10 - Review lifestyle medicine considerations such as nutrition, sleep risky substances, and fall prevention guidelines
- 0:20 - Exercise therapy considerations such as exercise prescription guidelines, posture training, functional exercise, sports, weighted vests, Tai chi, Pilates, and home programs
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter works for an outpatient PT agency.
- Presenter is a speaker for other continuing education programs, such as Physioplus.
- Presenter has published the book Integrative Healing in 2018.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.