Presented by Morgan Nolte, PT, DPT, Board-Certified Geriatric Clinical Specialist
Course DescriptionThis presentation explains the link between insulin resistance and obesity. You will learn about the major causes of insulin resistance, symptoms, screening, and testing measures. You will have clarity about why insulin resistance is at the root cause of many conditions including obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, dementia, osteoarthritis, and more.
Meet Your Presenter
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 22-50840-1
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence of obesity.
- Describe how insulin resistance is the root cause of obesity.
- Describe signs of insulin resistance across the lifespan.
- Explain how insulin resistance contributes to HTN, dementia, diabetes, cancer, OP, sarcopenia, arthritis, and more.
- Explain how age, sex, genetics, medications, and different lifestyle components affect insulin.
- 0:00 - Why the rise in obesity and severe obesity since 1977?
- 0:10 - What causes obesity…insulin or calories?
- 0:20 - The hypothalamus, hunger and weight regulation
- 0:30 - What is insulin resistance?
- 0:40 - Signs and symptoms of insulin resistance
- 0:50 - Q&A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.